Senior Security Engineer
Bud's mission is to make the money part of people's lives simpler. The products we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people, making finances easier to manage for everyone.
We work directly with banks to provide services to their customers, and security is obviously one of our highest focuses while working in the cloud. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in the formulation of a department in charge of implementing Infrastructure-as-Code, Security-as-Code and Compliance-as-Code principles across the entire development stack.
What impact will you make
- Automation of security including secrets management, secure CI/CD and compliance checks across cloud environments and local development pipelines
- Deciding the direction Bud should take in terms of securing not just our own but our customers infrastructure as well
- Review and implement Infrastructure-as-Code principles and best practice to build security in all layers of the stack
- Implement and own the integration of security controls in cloud components including Kubernetes beyond bank-level on-premises controls
- Own the creation of our DevSecOps team, and the overarching security arm of Bud as you progress
A bit about you
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- Understanding of securing microservice architecture
- A low-level understanding of Linux
- Experience in Kubernetes orchestration
- Deep understanding of implementing IaaC principles
Taking it to the next level
- Experience leading/training in a DevSecOps or Security focused team
- A firm understanding of Compliance/Security as a Code
- Experience writing blogs, speaking publicly, and delivering workshops
Engineering at Bud
The engineering team are tasked with solving highly technical problems to enable solutions that tangibly benefit the lives of millions of people. From how to scale our solutions to tens of millions of users in the most effective manner to integrating hundreds of third-party businesses. Data is key to our business and we need passionate developers to help capture it, store it, transform it, research and most importantly secure it.
What is it like to work for Bud?
We could play buzzword bingo but one of core values is 'Authentic' and we feel that the best way to demonstrate this is by sharing our employee engagement dashboard. This provides a weekly engagement and NPS score giving you a true reflection of life at Bud. All data collected is anonymised so we have no control over what you see.
The dashboard is interactive so check it out here and have a look at what the numbers mean, https://bit.ly/2MhjAZT
What are the perks?
🏖 25 days holiday!
👵 We match up to 5% of your salary in our pension plan.
🎒 You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
🌱 The biggest motivation for people is learning and developing, our people have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud.
🤹♂️ We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on events and have a social committee organising things from 5-a-side football, gaming comps and after-work meet-ups!
🤝 Being part of the WeWork community also provides some added perks from free "artisan" coffee, weekly lunch and learns and even terrarium workshops.
A bit more about us
2018 was big for us 17 to 70 (yes, really) - But 2019 is going to be even bigger. We recently announced our Series A funding, $20 million! We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
And more about what we're doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people. Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Bud is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.