Bud's mission is to make the money part of people's lives simpler. The products we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people, making finances easier to manage for everyone.
The features and engineering solutions will not be found on Stack overflow! The solutions we are creating are of the highest standard with a focus on memory, power consumption and above all else security and encryption. World wide traffic of users, we are also building a developer portal with a community that the team interacts with and assists.
What impact will you make
- You'll be designing and building advanced code for cutting-edge features whilst collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability, working on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- You will continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
- Building well structured and engineered apps and features without copy and pasting repos.
- Making sure the features are truly scaleable in secure way. Creating an app that works is one thing, creating a feature that has the lowest power consumption and is secure and scalable is another.
A bit about you
- You will have experience of Kotlin plus MVVM design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Lifecycle and how to smoothly avoid future mistakes (fore-thinking )
- Strong knowledge of SDKs and strong experience on how to build App Modularization
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to Review PR and spot critical or potential issues
- Fluent in material design and SOLID principles
Taking it to the next level
- It would be great if you had open source contributions.
- Android Encryption knowledge (API 23+ and Jetpack Security) would be awesome.
- Plus App Modularization experience would be rather handy.
Engineering at Bud
The software engineering team are tasked with solving highly technical problems to enable solutions that tangibly benefit the lives of millions of people. From how to scale our solutions to tens of millions of users in the most effective manner to integrating hundreds of third-party businesses. Data is key to our business and we need passionate developers to help capture it, store it, transform it, research and most importantly secure it.
What else would be good to know
We are currently at 3 Android engineers sitting in 1 team, in the future the team will have a core team of 4 and additional will sit across multifunctional teams to assist with development.
What is it like to work for Bud?🤔
We could play buzzword bingo but one of core values is 'Authentic' and we feel that the best way to demonstrate this is by sharing our employee engagement dashboard. This provides a weekly engagement and NPS score giving you a true reflection of life at Bud. All data collected is anonymised so we have no control over what you see.
The dashboard is interactive so check it out here and have a look at what the numbers mean, https://bit.ly/2MhjAZT
What are the perks?
🏖 25 days holiday!
👵 We match up to 5% of your salary in our pension plan.
🎒 You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
🌱 The biggest motivation for people is learning and developing, our people have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud.
🤹♂️ We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on events and have a social committee organising things from 5-a-side football, gaming comps and after-work meet-ups!
🤝 Being part of the WeWork community also provides some added perks from free "artisan" coffee, weekly lunch and learns and even terrarium workshops.
A bit more about us
2018 was big for us 17 to 70 (yes, really) - But 2019 is going to be even bigger. We recently announced our Series A funding, $20 million! We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
And more about what we're doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people. Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Bud is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.