People Experience Lead
Put simply, we want to improve the daily lives of millions of people – ourselves included. By making finances easier to manage, everybody can be good with money.
How we’re getting on
Bud is an early stage business, but we’re growing fast. 2018 saw the team expand from 17 to 70 (yes, really) - and the pace is only picking up. Alongside this, we’ve won some notable awards, and work closely with HSBC to ensure our tech gets out there.
Who we are
We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
What we’re doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people.
Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Tell me about the role!
We’re looking for a People Experience Lead to join our growing team to shape and scale the experiences of our people, to create the environment where they can do their best work. (We’re also looking for a People Development Lead so if learning and development is your thing then check out that role if you're interested!)
What you will be doing
- Work with Hannah (Head of People), Roya (People Coordinator) and wider organisation to design and deliver people initiatives to scale and improve everyone’s experience of working at Bud
- Own Bud’s reward and recognition framework, ensuring it is relevant, engaging and impactful.
- Own how we onboard our people, focusing on experience over process to ensure that they are engaged and able to get stuck in as quickly as possible.
- Lead the development and effective roll out of people practices and policies that align to Bud’s values.
- Lead on embedding and rolling out Bud’s values & Behaviours framework across all of our People practices, strengthening our culture and providing a great employee experience.
- Be the go to person for our senior leaders, with a solid knowledge of employment law and best practice, able to advise on the best course of action across the breadth of employee relations
- Work alongside the wider People team to champion and embed a culture of continuous feedback, learning and development
- Work closely with senior leaders to help them effectively shape and scale their teams.
- You will have significant experience working within People / HR
- You will have experience in putting people before process
- You will have a solid knowledge of UK employment law
- You have successfully managed projects from start to end, including project post mortems
- You have a clear approachable and friendly communication style
- You have a strategic mindset when planning and a practical attitude when it comes to delivering at pace
- Experience introducing and rolling out people initiatives across different business functions
- Experience using an HRIS
- Knowledge of compensation and equity practices
Nice to haves
- Experience in a similar industry
- Technical curiosity and interest in evolving trends in HR products and services.
Sound like your kind of challenge?
Bud gives 25 days holidays, all bank holidays and we think the festive period in December should be spent relaxing so we give the whole team time off between Christmas & New Year's Eve!
As part of our company pension plan, we offer contributions to match up to 5% of your salary.
You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
Learning & Development
As part of our commitment to helping people grow, we have opened the opportunity for people to have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud
Flexible working hours
Our core hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm. However, as part of our high-performance team, you'll benefit from the flexibility to manage your own day optimising the way you work so you can be at your best.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on quarterly events and have a social committee organising things like sports events, music gigs and after-work meet-ups!
Bud’s new office is a newly renovated space, specifically designed to our needs. Cool interior, breakout spaces, professional meeting rooms, brand new kitchen, loads of bike storage and a shower room for our part-time athletes. As our office is in The Bower WeWork there are also tons of events, not to mention, beverages on tap.