Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Manager
Tell me about the role!
As a Technical Product Manager you will be at the forefront of technical innovation in the finance sector. You will work closely with Bud’s CTO, tech leadership team & superstar developers to build out a scalable infrastructure & API layer capable of delivering immense value to Tier 1 banks, other fin-techs & our own app.
What you will be doing
- Playing a pivotal role in converting business needs from clients & other internal product teams into prioritised work flows for a multi-disciplined team of Backend Developers, DevOps, Data Scientists & QA Engineers.
- Becoming an expert in the requirements of our clients & delivering solutions that speak to key considerations like scalability, security, compliance, data responsibility, etc.
- Becoming an expert in the requirements of our other product teams & delivering solutions that enable exciting features to be built on top of our powerful core micro-services.
- Working in a style that focuses on the primary task whilst also allocating time to achieve secondary R&D projects, enabling constant innovation without compromising on delivery.
- Working in small problem and feature focused agile teams in sprints (including facilitating the relevant ceremonies & methodologies).
- You’ll be empowered to work with autonomy and be creative with ideas.
What we are looking for
The Technical Product Manager fulfills a key role in bringing big picture understanding & expertise re: Bud’s users to a highly technical team. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about developing truly useful, scalable systems with hands on production experience and a dedication for implementing standards and principles that go above and beyond.
You must have
- Strong understanding of APIs
- Experience working with PHP developers
- Experience delivering technical-focused projects (e.g. working on infrastructure or with microservices)
- Awesome analytical, problem solving & prioritisation skills
- Excellent communications skills - including translating big picture considerations into granular deliverables
You might have
- Significant experience within Product Manager role (preferably from tech / SaaS product company)
- Good working knowledge of modern working processes e.g. Agile / Lean / Kanban / Scrum
- Previous experience in collaborating with multidisciplinary skilled teams
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Masters or Bachelors degree in computer science, product management or similar (beneficial) or experience as a developer.
Bud gives 25 days holidays, all bank holidays and we think the festive period in December should be spent relaxing so we give the whole team time off between Christmas & New Year's Eve!
As part of our company pension plan, we offer contributions to match up to 5% of your salary.
You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
Hours & flexibility
Our core hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm. However, as part of our high-performance team, you'll benefit from the flexibility to manage your own day optimising the way you work so you can be at your best.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on quarterly events and have a social committee organising things like sports events, music gigs and after-work meet-ups!
Bud’s new office is a newly renovated space, specifically designed to our needs. Cool interior, breakout spaces, professional meeting rooms, brand new kitchen, loads of bike storage and a shower room for our part-time athletes. As our office is in The Bower WeWork there are also tons of events, not to mention, beverages on tap.