Head of Operations
Put simply, we want to improve the daily lives of millions of people – ourselves included. By making finances easier to manage, everybody can be good with money.
How we’re getting on
Bud is an early stage business, but we’re growing fast. 2018 saw the team expand from 17 to 70 (yes, really) - and the pace is only picking up. Alongside this, we’ve won some notable awards, and work closely with HSBC to ensure our tech gets out there.
Who we are
We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
What we’re doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people.
Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Tell me about the role!
As Head of Operations and Change you will be working closely with the COO and key stakeholders from across the business focus on removing current and future bottlenecks, building and growing the Change function from the ground up by defining the most effective way it can add value to the business.
What you will be doing
- Ensure the organisation operates as effectively as possible;
- Input into the Company strategy and expansion plans, both into new markets and new industries;
- Work with the Management and Leadership Team to implement, measure and evaluate OKRs for their teams;
- Work with the Leadership Team to evaluate and implement structures and policies to better achieve their OKRs;
- Input into the design, and manage the subsequent implementation of changes to the target operating model that balances the future evolution of the organisation with ensuring a phased value adding roadmap of service improvement (scope, cost, quality, timeliness);
- Ensure any proposed changes to the operating model remain consistent with best practice
- and compliant with the changing requirements of the UK and International regulatory requirements;
- Understand and be a dynamic advocate for the business vision and supporting operation's strategy; and
- Work with the People team to continuously maintain and evolve the company culture as the business scales.
Sound like your kind of challenge?
You might have
- 5 years Experience in a top tier strategy consultancy or in a COO/Head of Operations and/or change role;
- Past experience of scaling up a business from 70 to 150+ team members;
- The ability to deliver end to end cross functional projects;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast paced environments;
- Past experience of implementing company wide internal operational changes;
- Experience and ability at working with senior leaders and C-level executives; and
- An entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- A passion for recognising, strategising and implementing operational change;
- The ability to quickly apply existing skills and experience to new technologies;
- Has, or is interested in developing, deep technical skills in one or more areas of technology; and
- A bachelor's degree from a leading university (beneficial).
Bud gives 25 days holidays, all bank holidays and we think the festive period in December should be spent relaxing so we give the whole team time off between Christmas & New Year's Eve!
As part of our company pension plan, we offer contributions to match up to 5% of your salary.
You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
Hours & flexibility
Our core hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm. However, as part of our high-performance team, you'll benefit from the flexibility to manage your own day optimising the way you work so you can be at your best.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on quarterly events and have a social committee organising things like sports events, music gigs and after-work meet-ups!
Bud’s new office is a newly renovated space, specifically designed to our needs. Cool interior, breakout spaces, professional meeting rooms, brand new kitchen, loads of bike storage and a shower room for our part-time athletes. As our office is in The Bower WeWork there are also tons of events, not to mention, beverages on tap.