Senior Business Development Representative
Bud's mission is to make the money part of people's lives simpler. The products we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people, making finances easier to manage for everyone.
As a our first Senior Business Development Representative you will have the opportunity to play a fundamental role in the ongoing success of Bud. Your mission is to generate and qualify leads across Bud's target markets, and across our multiple product offerings. We are building game-changing technology and you will be taking it to market.
The Team 🌱
We currently have a team of 3 in Commercial. This is made up of a Head of Commercial, a Commercial Ops Lead and a Commercial Business Development Lead. Given our growth ambitions, there is a significant opportunity to progress within the commercial function and expand your skillset.
What impact will you make 🤾♀️
- You will be taking market-leading technologies to market and play a significant role in the growth of Bud
- Develop and execute account plans in coordination with the sales leadership
- Develop positive relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners both internally and externally
- Develop a qualified pipeline through proactive use of outbound business development techniques and strategies
- Work closely with the marketing team to help maximise leads and continuously improve lead generation campaigns
A bit about you
- Capable of quickly learning our technology and then clearly communicating the value proposition over email, phone and networking
- Experience of business development with a focus on lead generation
- Experience working within a wider team (including Marketing) to develop and execute on campaigns
- Demonstrable track-record of building pipeline, while meeting or exceeding quotas
- Experience with CRM and/or marketing automation software
- Highly organised with strong communication skills both verbal and written. You log everything and you like to take notes early and often
Taking it to the next level
- Experience in working in a SaaS, PaaS or technology company
- Experience in fintech or a fast-growing startup
What is it like to work for Bud? 🤔
We could play buzzword bingo but one of our core values is 'Authentic' and the best way to demonstrate this is by sharing our employee engagement dashboard. This provides a weekly engagement and NPS score giving you a true reflection of life at Bud. All data collected is anonymised so we have no control over what you see.
The dashboard is interactive so check it out here and have a look at what the numbers mean, https://bit.ly/2MhjAZT
What are the perks?
🏖 25 days holiday!
👵 We match up to 5% of your salary in our pension plan.
🎒 You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
🌱 The biggest motivation for people is learning and developing, our people have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud.
🤹♂️ We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on events and have a social committee organising things from 5-a-side football, gaming comps and after-work meet-ups!
🤝 Being part of the WeWork community also provides some added perks from free "artisan" coffee, weekly lunch and learns and even terrarium workshops.
a bit more about us
2018 was big for us 17 to 70 (yes, really) - But 2019 is going to be even bigger. We recently announced our Series A funding, $20 million! We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
and more about what we're doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people. Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Bud is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.