Our mission 🚀
Put simply, we want to improve the daily lives of millions of people – ourselves included. By making finances easier to manage, everybody can be good with money.
How we’re getting on 🏅
Bud is an early stage business, but we’re growing fast. 2018 saw the team expand from 17 to 70 (yes, really) - and the pace is only picking up. Alongside this, we’ve won some notable awards, and work closely with HSBC to ensure our tech gets out there.
Who we are 🔎
We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
What we’re doing 🤾♀️
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people.
Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Tell me about the role! 📣
The marketing team is growing quickly and are ramping up our efforts on a number of fronts. We’re looking for a PR Lead that will define and deliver Buds PR strategy, managing company positioning and carefully crafting the company’s key messages to ensuring Bud is top of mind for both consumer and business press.
What you will be doing 🌱
- Develop and execute public relations strategies for Bud, including product launches, expansions, and partnerships.
- Leverage new and existing media contacts to generate priority media coverage for Bud within Tech, Business and lifestyle sectors.
- Elevate visibility of key executives, creating sought-after thought leaders, including arranging speaking engagements.
- Develop and produce high-quality press releases, press kits, award submissions, and other materials.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that product, marketing, and content initiatives are optimized for media coverage; brainstorm new ideas with those teams.
- Analyse media coverage; track sentiment and develop responses when needed.
You might have 👀
- Proven ability to create and maintain deep relationships with press and editors.
- Demonstrated success in securing high-impact placements for clients or companies.
- Extensive experience in PR, either in-house (ideally Tech startup) or with an agency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; creative thinker who can contribute to content and brand marketing projects.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator; able to articulate key messages clearly and confidently.
- Strong interest in general culture is a must.
- Existing and relevant media contacts within big-hitting consumer publications.
- It’d be even better if you have experienced a sector with strict governance protocols
- Experience at the forefront of the rapidly evolving finance sector.
Bud gives 25 days holidays, all bank holidays and we think the festive period in December should be spent relaxing so we give the whole team time off between Christmas & New Year's Eve!
As part of our company pension plan, we offer contributions to match up to 5% of your salary.
You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
Learning & Development
As part of our commitment to helping people grow, we have opened the opportunity for people to have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud
Flexible working hours ⏰
Our core hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm. However, as part of our high-performance team, you'll benefit from the flexibility to manage your own day optimising the way you work so you can be at your best.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on quarterly events and have a social committee organising things like sports events, music gigs and after-work meet-ups!
Bud’s new office is a newly renovated space, specifically designed to our needs. Cool interior, breakout spaces, professional meeting rooms, brand new kitchen, loads of bike storage and a shower room for our part-time athletes. As our office is in The Bower WeWork there are also tons of events, not to mention, beverages on tap.