Our mission 🚀
Put simply, we want to improve the daily lives of millions of people – ourselves included. By making finances easier to manage, everybody can be good with money.
How we’re getting on 🏅
Bud is an early stage business, but we’re growing fast. 2018 saw the team expand from 17 to 70 (yes, really) - and the pace is only picking up. Alongside this, we’ve won some notable awards, and work closely with HSBC to ensure our tech gets out there.
Who we are 🔎
We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
What we’re doing 🤾♀️
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people.
Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
Tell me about the role! 📣
The Implementation Team’s purpose is to ensure access to millions of consumers through successful client partnerships. The Implementations Manager is responsible for playing a key role in ensuring that success, whilst supporting the Implementations Lead in the delivery of the programme and running of Bud’s delivery team. As the Implementations Manager, you will work within a client delivery team from project scoping through to product launch, and beyond, with influence across the whole programme.
What you will be doing 🌱
- Liaise with Bud’s internal Tech Delivery Team / Product Managers and the client’s Product Owners to ensure successful delivery against development timelines.
- Project manage cross-functional operations relating to the client project across Partnerships, Regulatory Compliance, Information Security, Risk, Legal, Product, Marketing and Design.
- Ensure end-to-end project governance is in place between the client and Bud’s internal teams.
- Take ownership of specific workstreams relating to a client project and work closely with the necessary internal and external stakeholders to deliver against timelines.
- Work closely with the client to define ongoing business requirements and translate those into plans for Bud's teams to deliver against.
- Act as a point of contact on all things related to the project and client.
- Help to define Bud’s client account strategy, identifying opportunities for up-selling and cross selling, influencing our clients to utilise more of Bud’s innovative products and services.
- Contribute to Bud’s client delivery model to ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead and mentor more junior team members (performance management, pastoral engagements etc.)
Bud’s ambition is to improve the financial well-being of millions of people around the world. If you'd like to work somewhere you can make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
You might have 👀
- Awesome analytical and communication skills.
- Experience and ability at working with senior leaders.
- Strong ability to prioritise the most urgent tasks.
- 3-5 years working in consultancy, financial institutions or B2B tech start-ups.
- Client facing experience
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary skilled teams.
- A passion to help shape a rapid growth tech startup.
- Comfort with working in a fast paced and evolving organisation.
Other cool stuff...
- Any experience of working with technology related challenges (beneficial).
- A bachelor's degree from a leading university (beneficial).
- Experience in a project / programme manager role (beneficial
Bud gives 25 days holidays, all bank holidays and we think the festive period in December should be spent relaxing so we give the whole team time off between Christmas & New Year's Eve!
As part of our company pension plan, we offer contributions to match up to 5% of your salary.
You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
Learning & Development
As part of our commitment to helping people grow, we have opened the opportunity for people to have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud
Hours & flexibility ⏰
Our core hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm. However, as part of our high-performance team, you'll benefit from the flexibility to manage your own day optimising the way you work so you can be at your best.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on quarterly events and have a social committee organising things like sports events, music gigs and after-work meet-ups!
Bud’s new office is a newly renovated space, specifically designed to our needs. Cool interior, breakout spaces, professional meeting rooms, brand new kitchen, loads of bike storage and a shower room for our part-time athletes. As our office is in The Bower WeWork there are also tons of events, not to mention, beverages on tap.