Senior Product Designer
Bud's mission is to make the money part of people's lives simpler. The products we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people, making finances easier to manage for everyone.
You’ll use your expertise and proficiency to ensure Bud and your product team are focused on delivering great experiences. You’ll be creating user focused design solutions based on research and your breadth of knowledge of best practices.
As a Senior Product Designer you’ll be part of a product team, working with other designers, engineers and product managers, to shape how people experience Bud’s products and services, primarily native mobile apps. You will need to solve complex challenges and define the user journey and interface through developing prototypes and designing screens that effectively communicate your interaction and design ideas.
What you’ll be doing
First three months
- Immerse yourself in the finance industry and the fintech marketplace
- Understand our products and work we’ve done so far
- Get started straight away working with the product manager to learn what needs to be done
- Work with product managers to facilitate workshops, map out user journeys and create prototypes to test
- Work with Lead UX designer to master our methodologies and processes and what needs to be delivered
- Work with Lead UI designer to grasp the global design system and how you will use and contribute to it
- Work with User Researcher to learn our research and testing methodologies and plan any testing required
Within six months
- Working with the product manager to identify improvements to the product
- Delivering iterative design improvements to the product and tracking it’s performance
- Contribute to defining the product roadmap
- With your product manager ensure your product team is driven by a culture of collaborative research, design, and testing
- Establish ways for the product teams to regularly interact with customers and get fast feedback
A bit about you
- A portfolio with detailed examples of beautiful interaction design
- Significant commercial experience as a Product, UI or UX designer
- Previous experience from a product company or product development agency
- Excellent communicator for sharing ideas & knowledge with colleagues
- Comfortable creating prototypes as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Comfortable sketching and wireframing new concepts
- Passionate about users, and involving the rest of your team in conducting user research
- Experience facilitating workshops, research and testing sessions
- Worked in teams that have practiced Agile / Lean / Kanban / Scrum
- A natural problem solver; thriving on continuous new challenges
- An interest in tech startups and awareness of the FinTech market
What else would be good to know
You'll get to part of our Weekly Design Crits where we review each other's work, giving you a chance to show us all the great things you've been working on! You'll also get to come to our monthly team lunches and have the chance to get involved in plenty of our socials!
What is it like to work for Bud? 🤔
We could play buzzword bingo but one of our core values is 'Authentic' and the best way to demonstrate this is by sharing our employee engagement dashboard. This provides a weekly engagement and NPS score giving you a true reflection of life at Bud. All data collected is anonymised so we have no control over what you see.
The dashboard is interactive so check it out here and have a look at what the numbers mean, https://bit.ly/2MhjAZT
What are the perks?
🏖 25 days holiday!
👵 We match up to 5% of your salary in our pension plan.
🎒 You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
🌱 The biggest motivation for people is learning and developing, our people have up to £500 per annum of learning and development opportunities funded by Bud.
🤹♂️ We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on events and have a social committee organising things from 5-a-side football, gaming comps and after-work meet-ups!
🤝 Being part of the WeWork community also provides some added perks from free "artisan" coffee, weekly lunch and learns and even terrarium workshops.
a bit more about us
2018 was big for us 17 to 70 (yes, really) - But 2019 is going to be even bigger. We recently announced our Series A funding, $20 million! We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
and more about what we're doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people. Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.