Head of Commercial
Head of Commercial
Tell me about the role!
As Bud’s first Head of Commercial you will be responsible for growing revenue and market share globally whilst building and working closely with high performing teams.
What you will be doing
- Owning the net revenue target globally for Bud
- Building, leading, managing and developing a high performing commercial team that operate within the UK and new markets
- Overseeing and managing client relationships from initial contract negotiations to delivery and beyond
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the industry including key customers/target audience, using this insight to inform new opportunities
- Working in collaboration with Clients and Product Managers to ensure each new product or service development on the roadmap has clear commercial and/or customer value, then champion and lead the successful implementation
- Identifying opportunities for our clients to utilise more of Bud’s platform
- Playing a pivotal role in leading synergy between the various business functions; partnerships, compliance, security, risk, compliance, legal, data privacy, product and more
Sound like your kind of challenge?
You must have
- Prior experience with sales of SaaS and/or tech products
- Commercially astute and customer focused
- Experience in implementing company-wide operational changes
Nice to have
- Demonstrable track record of growing a start-up business with a digital product or within a similar fast growth company
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level (i.e. CCO/Head of Commercial/ Change roles
You will work closely with
- Product Management
- Operations & Change
- Leadership Team & C-Suite
- Network & Partnerships
Put simply, we want to improve the daily lives of millions of people – ourselves included. By making finances easier to manage, everybody can be good with money.
How we’re getting on
Bud is an early stage business, but we’re growing fast. 2018 saw the team expand from 17 to 70 (yes, really) - and the pace is only picking up. Alongside this, we’ve won some notable awards, and work closely with HSBC to ensure our tech gets out there.
Who we are
We’re a diverse group of people. With backgrounds ranging from data science to music production, more than 80% of our team come from outside the world of finance – providing us with a unique perspective as we help consumers feel more in control of their lives. For us, an interest in people comes first; finance follows.
What we’re doing
The apps and infrastructure we’re building are designed to place the power of personal data back into the hands of normal people.
Picture this: a world where your bank knew you were paying too much for your gas bill and could switch you to a more suitable provider, or understood your savings targets and could automatically find you a better deal. That’s what we’re working towards.
What excites us
We love independent people who lead by example. We also love our R&D days: two days dedicated to your own experimental projects and learning, happening every 6 weeks.
Open banking? This is our bread ’n’ butter, a massive game changer not just for the industry but for people like you! It essentially allows companies like us to come up with new and exciting ways to help you make the most of your banking data.
Rental Recognition? This an awesome new service we’re working to make your rental payments contribute to your credit history, just one of the many different ways that we’re helping people to jump onto the housing ladder.
Bud gives 25 days holidays, all bank holidays and we think the festive period in December should be spent relaxing so we give the whole team time off between Christmas & New Year's Eve!
As part of our company pension plan, we offer contributions to match up to 5% of your salary.
You’ll be provided with a brand new MacBook or PC, and any computer accessories you need so you’ll have the best tools for the job!
Hours & flexibility
Our core hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm. However, as part of our high-performance team, you'll benefit from the flexibility to manage your own day optimising the way you work so you can be at your best.
We’re big on keeping Bud a social team, so Christmas and Summer parties can be a big deal. We also put on quarterly events and have a social committee organising things like sports events, music gigs and after-work meet-ups!
Bud’s new office is a newly renovated space, specifically designed to our needs. Cool interior, breakout spaces, professional meeting rooms, brand new kitchen, loads of bike storage and a shower room for our part-time athletes. As our office is in The Bower WeWork there are also tons of events, not to mention, beverages on tap.